The Reverend David Phillips took up his duties as Priest-In-Charge of the Anglican Church of the Holy Cross, Palermo, Sicily, on 17 October. He comes to this diocese from Spiritwood and Timberland in the Diocese of Saskatchewan, Canada. We welcome Fr Phillips to the Diocese in Europe!
Anglican services have been held in Palermo since about 1814. The beautiful Church of the Holy Cross was opened in 1875. One of the more famous worshippers in the past was General George Patton. The Church website is here.