Readers and readers in training in the Diocese in Europe: if you have not yet registered for the Europe Diocesan Readers' Conference, there are still a few places left!
The Conference is this June 15-18 in Cologne, Germany. The theme is Bearing the Word and a panel of speakers and resource persons will focus on different aspects of the ministry of Reader in the Church of England.
- Nick Clarke (Senior Communications Officer for the Church of England): Communicating the Word in the Modern World
- The Revd Elaine Labourel (Tutor for Reader Training in the Diocese): Bearing the Word in the Liturgy of the Church
- The Revd Sara McVane (Assistant Priest, St Andrew's Zurich): Equipping Readers to address conflict in the Church
- Dr Clare Amos (World Council of Churches Executive for Inter Religious Dialogue): Reading the Bible and Contemporary Hermeneutics
- The Revd Dr Paul Collins (Vicar of the Holy Island of Lindisfarne): Prayer and Spirituality, Rooted in the Word.
The cost is £360. Licensed Readers in Europe can apply CME grant money towards this. (£150 is allocated per year, per Reader, so two years allocation almost covers the conference cost). Please contact your Archdeacon (or your priest). Readers in Training should also contact their Archdeacon or speak to their priest for grant support information.
The conference has been planned by a team which includes Readers and Readers in Training from the diocese who are aware of the particular joys and challenges of this ministry in Europe. The planning team is pictured below.
To download a registration form click here.