Are you under the age of 30? Are you interested in exploring a possible vocation to ministry in the Church of England? If so, there are still a couple of places left for participants in the CEMES programme for 2017-2018 in the Diocese in Europe.
CEMES, the Church of England Ministry Experience Scheme, is intended for young adults to provide a way to help with the discernment of possible vocation in the Church of England. Information on the entire scheme is available on the Church of England's "Call Waiting" website, here. Essentially the scheme offers an opportunity to:
- Explore and deepen faith
- Discern where and to what God might be calling you
- Spend a year learning about yourself and your faith tradition with a caring support structure
- Acquire life-long life-skills and formative experiences which will enrich your life and your Christian discipleship and faith.
The CEMES programme in the Diocese in Europe consists of three basic elements:
- Practical experience in an Anglican church on the continent, filling three quarters of a participant’s time and comprising a breadth of ministry opportunities working within the church and the wider community including some leadership responsibility.
- Personal development through regular meetings with a mentor/pastoral advisor
- A tailor-made theological programme under a theological supervisor based at the University of Leuven
The participating churches for 2017-2018 year are:
- Holy Trinity Pro-Cathedral, Brussels
- St Michael's, Paris
- Christ Church, Vienna
- St Martha and St Mary, Leuven
- The Anglican Church in Lyon
- Holy Trinity Geneva
- La Côte, (a suburb of Geneva)
In the Diocese in Europe CEMES scheme participants will:
- be plunged right into the middle of the current debates about the future of the Christian Churches in the 21st century
- receive close, gentle and committed supervision from experienced international clergy and laity
- expand linguistic and cultural skills
- spend time in Canterbury, Jerusalem and Rome on the educational and ministerial trips organise for our interns
- enjoy an unforgettable and formative year in the best diocese in the Church of England!
If you are a young adult, under the age of 30, and are interested in exploring a possible vocation to ministry in the Church of England, come and see how the C of E lives, prays, thinks and talks... abroad!
For further details and an application form, contact:
The Revd Canon William Gulliford (DDO Diocese in Europe)
14 Tufton Street
London SW1P 3QZ
Telephone: 07957 451419
|2016 - 2017 CEMES Interns and Mentors|