The Revd Canon Dr Alan Maude, RIP


It is with great sadness that I convey the news of the sudden death of the Revd Canon Dr Alan Maude. He died yesterday, 8 April, at home in Estepona, Spain. Alan was born in 1941 and following a distinguished ministry in hospital chaplaincy in the UK came to the post of priest-in-charge of Costa del Sol West in 2006. His ministry in Malaga Province and beyond was widely appreciated. He was truly loved as parish priest and pastor.

Please pray for Canon Maude's wife Marjorie and for members of their family, and for parishioners of Costa del Sol West.

Lord Jesus, our brother and our saviour, hear the prayers of your beloved people, and comfort them in this time of sorrow. Welcome your servant Alan into paradise, and let him be with you in your kingdom and share for ever in the heavenly banquet, where you are Lord for ever and ever. 

Comments

  1. I knew Alan when he worked as a hospital chaplain in Newcastle. I knew him when I worked as student nurse and and a midwife a great character very sad news x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan was a fabulous hospital chaplain, loved by patients and staff alike. So sad to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with marjorie and the family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just read this after an internet search to see what Alan might be doing. Such a sad shock to find out.
    Alan was a great chaplain in the RVI in Newcastle. He taught me such a lot as a colleague and gave me such support through some difficult times and events in my life. I will always think of him with fondness, admiration and gratitude. I am glad I knew him. Maureen leyland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell to the Diocese in Europe

Canon Frances Hiller

4 New Bishops for the Polish Catholic Church (Union of Utrecht)