23 persons from across the diocese met last weekend under the direction of our Director of Ordinands, Fr William Gulliford, to explore what it means to be called to the Sacred Ministry in the Church of England.
Fr William was assisted in this task with a team of clergy (some who were former ordinands from this diocese), current ordinands themselves, and members of our Diocesan Ministry Team. Parish visits were arranged to 5 very different communities in London.
The intensive three days covered a range of essential topics such as:
- the discernment, selection, training and deployment processes in the Church of England,
- the nature of obedience and authority under which clergy live their vocation
- spiritual resources for preparing for the vocational journey
- the Diocese in Europe's unique history and role in the Church of England
- the Anglican Communion's 5 marks of mission
- issues in human sexuality
- the ministry of priest and deacon